June 25, 2014

No Name Summer Drink

Hi, it's me. The inconsistent blogger. Yes, I blog tons and tons all at one time and then don't write a peep for months and months…. that's just how I roll. At times you will think, "she doesn't have time to blog" or "she doesn't have anything interesting to blog about" and you are correct on both fronts. But sometimes, just sometimes, my busy brain has moments of creativity and leaving that creativity to fester in my brain causes all kinds of chaos and sleepless nights. Trust me, it is cray-cray up there {and please, I beg you, forgive me for even writing the phrase cray-cray}.

Ok, so Summer is officially here and it is time to break out the fruity drinks that make your taste buds feel like they are on a tropical vacation.

This drink recipe is pretty much something I made up based on a drink I tasted at a local restaurant. And let me tell you, it is deeeeeeeeelicious. I don't have a name for the drink, but feel free to taste it and suggest a name. Or if you are feeling snarky, let me know what bars have already named this drink.


No Name Summer Drink

Grenadine Syrup
Pineapple Juice
Orange Juice
San Pellegrino Sparkling Lemonade
Coconut Rum (if you dare)


Now, beyond knowing the ingredients, I don't really think you need play-by-play directions. However, I know how some of you are. Oh, I know…. I know because my real job is auditing auditors. Jealous much? I didn't think so. On with the step-by-step directions.

Step 1:  Grab you glass full of ice and put a tablespoon of grenadine syrup. Or more. Or less. Whatever.




Step 2:  Pour in a 1/2 cup of pineapple juice. Unless you hate pineapple juice...




Step 3:  Pour in a 1/4 cup of orange juice. Unless you hate pineapple juice, then pour in more OJ.


Step 4:  Add a shot or two of coconut rum. No picture of this. OMG, however will you figure it out!!! 

Step 5:  Top it off with San Pellegrino Sparkling Lemonade and give it a good stir.

Ahhhhh….. Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment