August 11, 2011

August 2011 - Monthly Meal Planning

Do you know what happens when I don't make a monthly menu for our household? Things go to hell in a hand basket, that's what happens. 


Momma, why am I in this basket and where are we going?


When August rolled around, I vowed to do planning again. And so I did (a week late).

Drum roll, please......

Stuffed Zucchini and Wild Rice
Grilled Steaks {I just use Lemon Pepper and Seasoned Salt} and Sweet Potato Fries
Crescent Chicken Squares {Am I the only one out there that could literally inhale crescent rolls?}
The Hub's Famous {and secret} Pasta Sauce
Grilled Chicken {again, I use Lemon Pepper/Seasoned Salt} and Roasted Vegetables
Pasta Pie {You gotta check out the picture!}
Frozen Pizza {Go ahead, judge me...see if I care}
Artichoke Ravioli with Roasted Red Pepper {um, HECK no... I did not make my own ravioli. Store bought, thank you very much!}


2 comments:

  1. I think I may need to get on this meal planning bandwagon! I usually plan out everything by the week, but I love the idea of having the whole month all mapped out - and these all look amazing! How often do you grocery shop for all these meals? Some weeks I am totally inspired to make delicious meals every night, and others I'm lucky if I can slap together something that is somewhat edible! You are inspiring me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We started the monthly planning / shopping as a cost initiative -- SUCCESSFUL cost initiative! We save approximately $100 each month.

    I plan between 12 - 15 meals per month and buy everything (sans produce) at one time. We usually can get two meals out of each item.

    If you give it a try, let me know... I'd love to see your monthly meal plan. I'm always looking for new meals to add to the routine!

    ReplyDelete